Engineered to tackle the toughest trails, Sentury Tire’s newest offering delivers rugged style and reliability for off-road enthusiasts
LaGrange, GA, September 15, 2017 - Sentury Tire’s GroundSpeed tire family gets a tough new member with the addition of the rugged Voyager MT. The company’s latest design joins a lineup of top-quality passenger vehicle, SUV, CUV and light truck tires, including reliable and well-priced choices for city, highway and all-terrain driving requirements. The Voyager MT will debut in the Sentury Tire North America exhibit during the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show held in Las Vegas, from October 31 through November 3, 2017.
Designed and engineered to confidently churn through mud, over rocks and other off-road challenges, the Voyager MT is in its element regardless of terrain and weather. And, while its aggressive looks signal the MT’s serious intent, an exclusive rubber compound also ensures that the tire delivers superior performance on the road to and from the trail. Like every GroundSpeed tire, the MT is manufactured to Sentury Tire’s world-class specifications. It is available in a wide range of sizes and backed by Sentury Tire’s Manufacturer Warranty.
The new GroundSpeed Voyager MT features:
• A unique “self-cleaning” design that combines a balanced void ratio and special corner cut edges to effectively remove mud and dirt from the tread for continuous off-road traction and smooth on-road handling.
• Deep center sipes for excellent traction and reduced hydroplaning risk on wet or slick, snow-covered roads.
• Deep-cut shoulder blocks with alternating cut-outs to reduce noise and to provide solid grip in muddy, sandy or snowy terrain, along with increased all-around off-road traction.
• Aggressive wide-block Max Traction tread design for extreme mud and rock crawling, while retaining civil on-road driving performance.
• An equally aggressive sidewall design for preventing damage and delivering optimum grip during deep mud motoring and rock climbing.
“The new Voyager MT adds a rugged new dimension to our GroundSpeed tire portfolio,” said Mike Perkins, Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Sentury Tire North America. “Our distributor and dealer partners can now confidently meet the full range of their customers’ tire preferences, including purpose-engineered tires for die-hard mudders and off-road adventure fans.”
The GroundSpeed line is currently manufactured at Sentury Tire’s world-class Thailand operation. Production will move to the new U.S. plant and R & D Center in LaGrange, Georgia in 2019, with a factory groundbreaking scheduled for early 2018.
About Sentury North America
Sentury Tire North America is the U.S. based subsidiary of Sentury Tire, a global automotive and aircraft tire manufacturer serving over 150 markets around the world, including the United States and Canada. The company’s new GroundSpeed line of passenger vehicle and light truck tires include all-season, top-quality choices for virtually every driving need.
The company is preparing to build a new 400-acre, 1.4 million square-feet tire manufacturing operation in LaGrange, Georgia, just south of Atlanta. Sentury Tire North America’s Georgia facility will include a smart-technology factory with an annual capacity of 12 million units, along with on-site proving grounds, research and development, and extensive warehousing and distribution operations. For more information, visit www.sentury.tires.