- Category: Engine, Exhaust, Cooling, & Fuel System Product News Engine, Exhaust, Cooling, & Fuel System Product News
- Published: 06 April 2017 06 April 2017
- Views: 1143 1143
Boat enthusiast will be glad to see the addition of the new MSD Black Marine distributor line. Built off our tried and true billet marine distributors, the 6061-T6 aluminum housing is now hard anodized with a sleek black finish for great looks.
Under the black cap you'll find a quality rotor, pickup, reluctor and adjustable weight plate assembly (where applicable). Chevy applications use a .500" QPQ coated distributor shaft joined by a melonized distributor gear while Ford models run a .531" QPQ coated shaft and cast gear. Both ensure smooth operation, superior strength and long life even when challenged by harsh marine applications.
The Marine Pro-Billet Distributors have been tested by Underwriter's Laboratory and are certified to meet or exceed safety standards for marine ignition systems as set by the U.S. Coast Guard.
• UL Approved; designed for use in marine applications
• Black anodized for great looks and corrosion resistance
• Supplied with a bolt down HEI style distributor cap and rotor
• Weathertight connectors are used for locked and sealed connections
• O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control on Chevrolet models
• Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
• Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
• Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
• Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
• Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
• Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
• Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
• Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings (except 83663)
• CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base with two flame arrestor holes with brass screens
If you have any questions about this or any MSD product, please contact their tech service department at (915)855-7123.