A Must-Have Resource for Shops Doing Emission Testing and/or Repair
POWAY, Calif., October 1, 2014 – Mitchell 1 announces the release of its 2015 Emission Control Application Guide (ECAT15) for domestic and import cars, light trucks, vans (diesel engines) and Class ‘A’ motor homes with gasoline engines, model years 1966 - 2015. The new guide provides vehicle-specific emission system information for repair shops that perform smog inspections.
“Mitchell 1’s new Emission Control Application Guide is a great resource to help repair shops comply with state emission standards,” said Nick DiVerde, senior marketing director, Mitchell 1. “For shops that need a printed companion in addition to the online repair information in ProDemand, the guide delivers detailed information that is complete, accurate and easy-to-use.”
Content featured in the 2015 edition includes:
• Emission application tables
• Engine displacement conversion charts
• Emission control visual inspection procedures
• Approximately 40 years of domestic and imported basic ignition timing specifications
• 1980-2014 maintenance reminder light reset procedures
• The latest EPA Emission Recall Bulletins
• I/M areas that require ignition timing and EGR function testing
• Quick reference listing for major systems, devices and components
Standardized emission control abbreviation list for:
• 1966-2015 domestic cars, light trucks and vans (gasoline engines)
• 1968-2015 imported cars, light trucks and vans (gasoline engines)
• 1966-2015 medium and heavy duty domestic trucks (gasoline engines)
• Class “A” motor homes (gasoline engines)
• 1984-2015 domestic and import cars, light trucks and vans (diesel engines)
To order the ECAT15, call 888-724-6742 or visit Mitchell 1's secure online eCommerce website. Additional information about Mitchell 1 products and services is available on the company’s website, www.mitchell1.com.
About Mitchell 1:
Headquartered in Poway, California, Mitchell 1 has provided quality repair information solutions to the motor vehicle industry for over 95 years. The Mitchell 1 family of products includes a complete line of integrated software solutions to help auto, medium and heavy truck professionals improve productivity and profitability. ProDemand™ optimized with SureTrack™ is the most complete solution for OEM and experience-based repair information. ManagerSE™ is the industry standard for mechanical estimating and shop management information. The SocialCRM digital marketing solution delivers automated marketing and customer outreach tools to help shop owners improve their bottom line profits. For the trucking segment, Mitchell 1’s online solutions provide information required to estimate labor times, diagnose and repair all makes of Class 4-8 trucks. Mitchell 1 is a recipient of the ASE Blue Seal of Excellence award. For more information on Mitchell 1 products and services, visit the company’s website at www.mitchell1.com.